Recently I’ve been baking these really delicious cookies which are so freaking good, and of course, they are vegan. But they do not taste vegan and that is why they always only last 2 days max. The first time I made these cookies I only made one batch which made 11 cookies but because they were gone basically overnight, I decided to make them again but double the mixture. This made about 28 cookies. At this moment there is only one left and I made them about 3 days ago.
I slightly changed the recipe I was using because I didn’t have everything that it called for but they still turned out amazing! Here is the original recipe but I’ll just tell you what I used and what I did.
The ingredients include :
1/4 cup – Applesauce
1 1/4 cups – all purpose flour
1 tsp – baking soda
1/2 tsp – salt
1/2 cup – dairy free margarine
1/2 cup – packed brown sugar
1/3 cup – White granulated sugar
1 tsp – vanilla extract
1 cup – dark chocolate drops (non-dairy)
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees. Line baking trays with baking paper and lightly grease.
2. If you are making the applesauce from scratch, peel and chop a normal size Apple into small pieces and heat on high for 5 mins. Depending on the watt of your microwave the time may vary. If the Apple is still a bit firm heat for a further 1-2 minutes until it is soft enough to mash. Set aside
3. Combined the flour, baking soda and salt in a bowl and set aside.
4. Place your dairy free margarine into another bowl and add the sugars. Whisk vigorously for 2 minutes or until it becomes light and fluffy and turns a light beige colour.
5. Add the applesauce and the vanilla extract into the margarine and sugar mixture. Whisk this until it is well combined.
6. Add the dry ingredients into the margarine and sugar mix and stir together with a rubber spatula or wooden spoon. Stir this until it is just combined but do not over mix it. Add in the chocolate drops and carefully fold them into the batter.
7. Place heaped tablespoon onto the prepared baking trays. Bake for 12-15 minutes, rotating once if needed. You will know when they are done when they are just turning brown and are still soft in the centre. The centre may not look cooked but it will be. Remove them from the oven and let them cool on the baking trays for about 10 minutes. Remove from the baking trays to wire racks and let sit for 5-10 minutes before you can devour into them. Enjoy!